Quickly identify data patterns and trends to help improve plan performance
Take comparative analysis beyond percentage changes to PMPM trends
Gain valuable insights that lead to cost-saving recommendations
If you’re only looking at your own data year over year, it will always look the same. Benchmarking against other plans gives you a better idea of how to gauge your performance, and that’s where BHI comes in.
Quickly uncover cost-saving opportunities
Easily measure your plan’s performance against a variety of benchmark norms, including other plans in the region, national averages, and even drill down to the individual healthcare coding details.
- Access crucial information about factors driving utilization, procedure costs, demographics, risk, age distribution, treatment, episodes, admissions, procedure codes, drug names, revenue codes, and more
- Risk adjust the benchmark norms for an “apples-to-apples” comparison
Dig into the service-category comparison to isolate cost culprits
Intuitive dashboard reveals insights by site of service, relationship to benchmarks
- Measure across multiple timeframes
- Report categories—inpatient / outpatient, professional / other, Rx, and clinical episodes
- Identify key metrics—PMPM and cost and utilization variances
- Report rate per 1000, allowed PMPM, and average costs per service
Use trend detail reports to dig deeper and identify the root cause behind a cost gap
Trend Detail Reports reveal solutions through metrics such as:
- Top 10 fastest-growing costs
- Complete clinical episode comparisons
- Utilization patterns across all sites of care
- Comparison of members’ clinical patterns to national trends
The Single Source of Truth
BHI’s common data platform contains information from more than 19 billion healthcare claims, all submitted in a uniform way to maintain data integrity and eliminate bias in decision-making. Our analytic products, proprietary methodologies, and experienced consultants all leverage this single source of truth to help healthcare organizations optimize performance, improve quality, and lower costs. At BHI, there are no black boxes; our clients understand exactly how we use data to uncover insights and recommend actions.