It all starts with powerful data
Data coverage for all settings of care and every 3-digit ZIP code in the U.S.
Data uniformity and consistency
All BHI data contributors utilize a common data model, formats, and definitions
Quality and integrity
Data used for BHI analytics undergoes four levels of certification, including an independent external actuarial review
Most current data
Uniquely, it includes commercially insured as well as Medicare-covered individuals and is refreshed every 30 days.
Continuity of patient/ member eligibility
A three-year study can count on the highest industry rate of continuous enrollment from the original index date
Analysis groups can be defined by many dimensions such as diagnoses, procedures, prescriptions, SIC, age bands, geographic regions, and product types
Shift from information to action using BHI's big data to deliver insights that address cost, access and quality challenges.
Many healthcare stakeholders are unaware of how their expenses, utilization, and outcomes compare to their peers. With new care delivery programs such as accountable care organizations and bundled payment arrangements, we offer valuable competitive intelligence to clients in the form of:
- Market-level benchmarks, such as by ZIP code
- Cohort benchmarks, such as similar national centers of excellence or academic medical centers
Reducing variations in care
Using BHI claims data, health systems can identify and reduce care variations within:
- Facilities within an overall system
- Service lines
- Procedure types within service lines
- Episode components (during procedures or post-acute care)
Adding Value At All Phases of Medical Device Development
Healthcare stakeholders, including regulatory bodies, payers, and providers, are demanding real-world evidence of efficacy. On the internal side, costs are increasing due to rising clinical trial expenses and the need to better align sales resources to market demands.
Use BHI data to:
- Demonstrate the real-world cost-benefit of your product for specific patient cohorts, longitudinally, to support value-based contracting arrangements
- Help government and commercial payers see the value associated with covering your products
- Support post-market surveillance
- Identify underserved market opportunities and better align company resources to meet market demands
The Single Source of Truth
To successfully deliver customized products in a scalable, repeatable, and efficient way, each SaaS solution leverages BHI's our collaborative data platform. Every character in every data file, combined with business and/or clinically driven analytics, modeling, and machine learning flows through BHI’s collaborative platform in the same way. The result – a single source of BHI data and analytical truth.