AboutAmerica's broadest, deepest pool of health knowledge
Charles AllisonVice President, Finance
Charles Allison leads BHI’s finance, accounting, administration and human resources functions. With more than 20 years of experience, Allison has a clear and consistent record of success managing accounting, reporting and forecasting in complex environments, with significant experience in the health insurance, banking and financial services industries.
Prior to joining BHI in 2012, Allison served as Director of Financial Services for the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA). In this position, Allison was a key contributor in the development of the BHI business plan and provided financial guidance to BCBSA divisions, BHI, and the National Data Warehouse (NDW). Additional experience includes roles at the Northern Trust Company, where Allison served as Vice President, CFO of Northern Trust Bank of Texas and several finance roles at WellPoint Healthcare Networks, the for-profit owner of the largest group of BlueCross BlueShield companies.
Allison has a bachelor of business administration from the University of Dubuque.
- Swati Abbott
- Chief Executive Officer
- Alan Spiro
- Senior VP, Strategy & Growth, Chief Medical Officer
- Mary Henderson
- Senior VP, Product Strategy and Innovation
- Maria Ferrera
- Vice President, Consulting and Data Science
- Deb Pearson
- Vice President, Human Resources & Operations
- David King
- Vice President, Information Technology & Data Management
- Charles Allison
- Vice President, Finance
- Garret Hargrave
- Vice President and General Counsel
BOARD OF MANAGERS
- Swati Abbott
- CEO, BHI
- Curtis Barnett
- Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Steve Betts
- Health Care Service Corporation
- Dow Briggs, M.D.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Patrick Getzen
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Tricia Keith
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan
- Robert J. Kolodgy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Brian Pieninck
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Deborah L. Rice-Johnson
- Highmark Health Plan, Highmark Inc.